Showing God’s Love
When we look back the history of the new testament church (according to the Book of The Acts of the Apostles), we see that they were taught by Jesus to reach out and spread the Gospel by any means necessary according to the times.
- The Apostles taught the church to love those who were not familiar with God’s true plan of salvation (greeting visitors & guest ministry) in order for the lost to find salvation.
- They healed the sick (modern day hospital/nursing home visiting sick & shut in).
- They were jailed and visited those in jail (prison ministry).
- They went from city to city establishing churches and church government (Evangelistic Ministry & New Members Orientation).
The church body in itself is the outreach ministry according to church history. Somewhere along the last 2000 years, we, the church as a body, for whatever reasons, have lost sight of that assignment. In that, God has seen fit to raise up people to see that these assignments continue today. It is in our heart to rebirth and keep the spirit of outreach alive as God has already began to demonstrate His Spirit. God has shown us more ways to send forth His message of His Love and Kindness thru the use of the many available ministries and gifts given to GCT.
- When some of us were in prison (even unsaved), a pastor in the ODC faithfully mailed us a church bulletin every Monday (a great encouragement that we looked forward to each week).
- We have already begun a correspondence outreach ministry by sending church bulletins to the sick and shut ins, those that can’t be here like they wish to be.
- We have plans to cover the city of Columbus hospitals as well as a comprehensive women’s outreach
- Our Head of the Prison Ministry has been visiting prisons for years and works along with other churches already operating an effective prison ministry.
- We have recently began a “New Members Orientation Briefing” for all who receive the “right hand of fellowship”.
- We have the Visitors Greeting Ministry with visitor follow up in 30 day increments.
It is our goal to encourage those within Greater Christ Temple who have the heart to participate in these and other compelling ministries and gifts, to come forth, so that the lost may find refuge and those with newly found faith will be maintained by the spirit of love and outreach. It is our heart to be a visible body in the neighborhood, to invite and serve this community with the spirit of God’s love with future events such as community dinners, street meetings, passing out tracts and flyers representing the spirit of truth. It is also in our heart to encourage not only new ideas of outreach, but to rebirth those of the past which have proven effective, to add to the growth of the kingdom of heaven.
In the future we would like to conduct training in canvassing and passing out tracts, visitation (prison and hospital) and other areas of outreach protocol. We are extending an invitation to anyone who has the heart for souls to become involved in the outreach ministry. We are open to new and effective ideas, and with the help of the Lord, plan to be present and actively involved in all outreach activities in the present and future and work closely with the other auxiliary heads and upcoming events with the main focus being souls and kingdom building.